Åre Extreme Challenge
Event Length/Duration: 72 km
Location: Åre Sweden
Åre Extreme Challenge is Scandinavia's first and oldest multisport adventure race and the Open European Championship in Multisport. It attracts over 600 participants every year.
- 25 km kayak paddle (whitewater or lake)
- 15 km mountain run
- 30 km mountain bike
Elite endurance athletes, who compete for prize money and reach the finish in just under five-hours, share the same course with recreational athletes who fight for 6 to 10 hours — exhausted but invigorated.
The action starts early in the week. The village is full of energy as hundreds of competitors arrive in Åre with kayaks and bikes on the car roof.
Monday to Wednesday (25-27 June 2018)
- RIVER CLASS participants are found out on the river paddling the 5 km “Lövstaströmmarna” rapids to get a feel for water levels. Others take a leisurely hike over the mountain or pedal through the bike course.
- Run and bike courses are marked with ribbons. Please respect private landowners if you are out on the course!
Thursday and Friday (28-29 June 2018)
- Race number pick up at Copperhill Mountain Lodge.
- ÅEC Paddling Race by NK, 18.00 on Thursday.
- Lundstams ÅEC Kidz Event hosted by Copperhill, 10.00 to 14.00 Friday.
Saturday (30 June 2018)
- Race day!
Sunday (1 July 2018)
- Racer’s brunch at Copperhill where racers talk trash and promise to do even better next year…
See detailed race week program>>
Latest News ArticleTop Australian Multisport Athletes Lined Up For Åre ...
Alex Hunt from Hobart, Maria Plyashechko, Serge Kurov and John Carroll put their entries in Åre Extreme Challenge which will take