Nov 04 2018
Augusta Adventure Fest
Length/Duration: 2 days
Cemented as the BIGGEST adventure race weekend in the world, the 2018 event has been re-structured to provide new races, more excitement and plenty of action, for everyone!
NEW FUEL-INJECTED FORMAT with standalone races on Saturday, and non-stop adventure race on Sunday…
Saturday – pick and choose your standalone race(s) throughout the day, or contest the Adventure Warrior and do them all (as an individual OR relay team):
- Ocean Swimming race: 2km
- Ocean Paddling race: 15km
- Trail Running race: 17km
- Mountain Bike race: 35km
- Adventure Warrior: individuals and teams (reintroduced!), with the fastest cumulative time for all 4 standalone races to be crowned the overall champion individual and team.
*The standalone races will be run consecutively across Saturday, with time for rest/recovery between each event.
Sunday – the traditional non-stop adventure races:
- Augusta Adventure Race, individuals and teams, with NEW distances for leg-order for 2018:
- Ocean Swim 1km,
- Coastal Run 6.6km,
- Mountain Bike 15km,
- Inlet Paddle 6km,
- finishing with a 200m run.
- Junior Survivor, the family favorite! A 4km obstacle and adventure run for kids aged up to 13 years.
The NEW format allows anyone and everyone to be involved, from adventure racers who can try everything, to runners who can come down and 'just' do the trail run or paddlers who can come down and 'just' do the paddle race... Either way the Augusta Adventure Fest welcomes you!
Whatever you choose, you’ll be racing through the magical wilderness ‘down south at Augusta, WA – past the iconic Cape Leeuwin lighthouse, under the Karri trees and through a range of untouched landscapes in air so fresh you’ll feel truly alive!
Latest Race ReportAugusta Adventure Fest 2018
With a new event format spread across two days, some things remained the same with the 2018 Augusta Adventure Fest. The world's largest