Love SwimRun Holy Island
Event Length/Duration: 18 km
Location: Anglesey, North Wales
Take on the rugged and beautiful coastline of Holy Island. Starting near Southstack lighthouse, swim & rockhop through sandy bays and rocky channels, and run along high cliff edges with spectacular views of Snowdonia!
Love SwimRun Holy Island will take place on the west coast of Holy Island, Anglesey, North Wales. The 18.35km multi transition linear course will involve a total of approximately 2.74km of swimming and 15.61km of running. The route will take in some of Angleseys’s most stunning scenery on mainly off road terrain, including Southstack Lighthouse and the RSPB reserve, beautiful cliff top runs with views of the mountains of Snowdonia, hidden beaches, rocky swims and a tough final climb up to the finish line – the toughest part will be passing a tempting pub and not stopping, but you can always head there after claiming your medal!
The course will be fully marked.
- location: Rhoscolyn, Anglesey, North Wales.
- Total course distance: Approximately 18.35km (2.74km of swimming and 15.61km of running)
- Longest run: Approximately 5.75km
- Longest Swim: Approximately 780m
- Transitions: 6 runs, 5 swims
- Elevation gain: 203m
- Cut off: 2.5 hours to finish run 3 (8.75km runing & 1.5km swimming)
- Aid stations: 2 (you are advised to carry water and a gel)
- Splits as follows:
Run 1.6km (uphill!)