SleepMonsters.com is the best read and most active website for adventure racing and endurance sports on the planet. We publish thousands of stories a year and yours can be featured ... if you send it to us.
Your race will need to be on our events calendar to be considered. (There are exceptions but its best to be sure you are listed before sending us anything.)
Here's what we need to receive from you :
Race Reports : We're happy to receive official race reports and those from competitors giving a first-hand account. Anything up t0 1500 words (maybe a little more if it's a great read).
- We will need some photos separately with a report to use it (see below).
- We will only publish race reports for events listed on our calendar
- Submissions are best in text formats (not PDF please).
- Don't embed photos into Word documents – we just want plain text.
- The author should be clearly credited (and have given permission), and any affiliation explained. (i.e. if you are the Race Director and sending an official report on your own event.)
News Articles : These are shorter (1000 words max) and not necessarily related to an on-going event.
- We do occasionally publish news on an event not listed on our calendar, but will need to know the country it relates to and the sports disciplines involved. (If it is not sports or country specific we can still publish so please ask.)
- Submissions should be made as for Race Reports (see above) with photos (see below).
Videos : We don't host videos ourselves so please don't send footage to us directly.
- We publish embedded videos from Youtube & Vimeo. (Also Facebook but they won't appear on the homepage).
- Send us the link along with a photo and a brief description including production credits.
Photos : We need photos with all submissions.
- Send at least one or two (web size) images separately with any submission, but don't embed images into documents.
- The more choice the better and great photo sets can be featured on our social media pages.
- Dropbox and Drive links are fine.
- Include captions and credits.
- DON'T send us any photos you don't have the rights to use.
Newsletters : You can post a link to your latest newsletter directly onto our home page!
- Our Network section features links to relevant blogs/newsletters etc.
- All links must be for news on events listed on our calendar.
- You must be registered as a site member to add a link. (This is different to a calendar log-in.)
We endeavour to read and respond to all submissions but can't guarantee this or that we will publish everything we are sent.
We reserve the right to edit all submissions before publishing.
Editor in Chief
BC Bike Race 2019 - Day 6 Highlights
like us on facebook
Adventure Racing Tags
Pinnacle Ridge Extreme, Lakes Sky Ultra, Adventure Trophy - 2019 AR European Championships, Nordic Islands Adventure Race, BC Bike Race, Maine Summer Adventure Race, ÖTILLÖ Swimrun Engadin, Canada Man / Woman Lac-Mégantic, Peak to Peak, Åre Extreme Challenge, Facebook, Twitter, adventure racing, expedition racing